[pyrnet] Thanks from Deaf Dog...

Thank you for all of your comments and advice regarding my "deaf dog".  The website referral from Judith has a lot of good information (thanks!), and made me wonder about some other things that may have caused Worf's hearing loss.:

>Here is a good link to diagnosis and training a deaf dog.

http://canines.com/library/solutions/deaftraining.shtml

My boy was treated for a parasitic infection shortly after we got him at 9 weeks old.  He was on metronidazole and some industrial strength antibiotics for weeks trying to shake it.  Could have been the drugs..could have been the ear infections..hard to say. In any case, when I read the symptoms, it was like the author was writing about Worf.  It's known that metronidazole can cause deafness.  I don't know if the medication was the cause, but I'll never let another one of my dogs take that drug again.  : (

Thanks again for your help.

Beth, Worf (GP), Kali (GSD) & Kira (Pug)