Re: [pyrnet] Thanks from Deaf Dog...

In a message dated 4/10/2004 7:19:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pugalesco@earthlink.net writes:
I don't know if the medication was the cause, but I'll never let another one of my dogs take that drug again.  : (

I don't blame you.  I hate all these side effects from meds that we don't hear about until later.   I'm usually so anxious and stressed when one of mine is sick that I tend to think of the vet as some all knowing person and I used to forget to ask about possible side effects etc.  Now I pretty much drill them....  <g>
Shelly was put on prednisone for 10 days,  4 1/2 years ago,  for a horrible hot spot and then she developed diabetes.  Of course there is no proof that the 2 incidents are connected but all the stuff I've read about prednisone warns about the possiblility of diabetes developing.
I know your heart is heavy knowing your Worf baby boy is deaf or at least has major hearing problems.... my Shelly who turns 12 next week (!!) has some major hearing loss too.  It doesn't seem to bother her a bit <g> but I'm trying to learn some new ways to get her attention and to keep from startling her when I walk up on her.  What makes it even worse is that she has been blind for about a year now, due to the diabetes.
Best wishes -

Cat
Shelly and Lily (Great Pyrs)
Sketch, Troubles and Lacy (Great Cats)