Re: [pyrnet] Health: De-worming / Preventatives

Hi, Dena!
Congratulations on your good work in rescue.
I also rescue dogs here in Palm Beach County and I am a placement partner with the PB Co Animal Care & Control.  Recently, they started a program for those of us registered Placement Partners to be able to purchase our meds through them (for dogs that we receive from them).  They opened a "commissary" with moneys that were earmarked for rescue and used that to suppy it with our suggestions for inventory.  We reimburse the account when we purchase our meds.  My thought is that you may want to talk to your director of your local AC&C and see if there is a chance for such a program.
Prior to this, I have always purchased my meds from my vet office.  I order a case of Revolution at a time and would pay cash and save over half the retail price.  Of course, I have a very good relationship with my vet and if you do with yours maybe you could approach them with this idea.  I always plan far enough ahead so that I can "tag" onto their order, so they don't have to special order for me.
These are just two ideas...
Best regards,

Lisa, Belle & Oliver (Beardies), Chance (N'Otterhound), Derby (AussieX),
and three Pyr Chicks; CeeCee, Sophie, and Taffy - ALL RESCUED!
Oliver's House, Incorporated
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County"