Re: [pyrnet] Rimadyl?!?

Title: Re: [pyrnet] Rimadyl?!?
Hello to all,

        Reading your posts about Rimadyl has prompted me to post my own experience with a medication and my dog.  She was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and very rapid pulse.  The vet prescribed Mexiletine 200 MG and Atenolol 50 MG.  She died 3 hours after the first does.  I do not know if it was the medication or her condition... but I thought I would mention the names of these medications in case any one else found themselves faced with this problem.

Candice
vol@jax.org

Roger,

I have had many breeds of dogs over the last several years.  While I had Pyrs, Aslan had severe osteoarthritis problems.  I was very skeptical of Rimadyl and became more so after the experience of a Tibetan Spaniel friend.

Lisa gave Buffy one dose (one dose!) of Rimadyl and it sent her into complete and total liver failure.  This happened about four years ago and she has still not recovered.

I would definitely do more research before giving this drug!

Stephanie, Paddy and TeaTime
pyrmom@aol.com