From: Tom McCulloch [mailto:tmcculloch@achp.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:43 AM
To: pyrnet
Subject: [pyrnet] scary situation II

I appreciate all your comments.  On monday afternoon they opened our Sierra
up, found only a very severely raw and irritated stomach and colon (but no
obstruction or lesion, and her other organs were healthy).  They took biopsy
samples, but we won't know for a couple more days of these results.
However, she continues to try to throw up, and the hospital now has a tube
down her nose to her stomach that they suction every 4 hours to take out the
acid to avoid further irritation. She is on antibiotics, anti-pain, and
anti-nausea medication.  If she can go for 24 hours without vomiting, and
can hold food down, she can come home!  We pray for her!

Poor thing, she has the lampshade on to keep from pulling out the nose tube,
and looks like a big white poodle with her front legs shaved!  But she
hasn't yelped in pain yet, tough girl.

By the by, I have told the mail-order pet supply where I purchased the pig
ears what has happened, and asked if they want me to send them back for a
full refund, destroy them, or have them tested for nasties (at their
expense, of course).

Thanks again for the concern.  Tom McCulloch