[pyrnet] Pet vehicle barriers

" I have a Forester with the Subaru pet barrier installed by the dealer.  It works well but does not afford a lot of flexibility since it must be removed by taking out the >screws.  In retrospect I think that maybe a suction or tubular pressure barrier might work better for occasions when it is not needed."

I had a tubular pressure barrier for use with a Jeep Liberty, and I hated it.  It wouldn't stay up, and it rattled a lot!  I think a big part of the problem though was that the rear seat in the Jeep Liberty does not fold down flat. If I was going to get a barrier again, I would probably go with the dealer installation. The barriers are expensive in any case, and since I had a bad experience I'd want to be certain that it was actually going to work. One other problem with having a barrier in general, is that if you suddenly need to reach into the back seat...to break up a scuffle (don't make me stop this car!), somebody's choking, whatever....you can't get back there with that darn thing in the way.  This is probably only an issue if you happen to have multiple dogs.

Beth, Worf (GP), Kali (GSD) & Kira (Pug)