From: Jenn Hair
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Puppy food.

Hi,
I didn't get your e-mail before I sent mine.  It's good to know that someone else is doing well on Nutro large breed puppy. Although, Amy's dog seems to be doing well on Eukanuba.  In my oppinion the earlier you nueter the better for the dog.  Couper was just nuetered on Friday.  If he had been my dog early on, I would have nuetered him before his "jewels" dropped into sight.  Still he hasn't hiked his leg yet and still squats to pee.  I guess I caught him early enough.  However, I have read that neutering early can stunt growth.  I'm not sure if it is true.  I neutered my Golden at 4 months and he is a very large boy.
Good luck!!!
Jennifer

P.S.  Don't let him take the dews.  They stand are what make are breed stand out against the others.

CLM <vol@jax.org> wrote:
Dear List Members,

Thank you for replying to Jenn's questions. I too have a new
puppy and asked the same questions. I did not get any response. I
probably didn't post correctly. It will be interesting to see if
this one makes it.
My puppy is fed Nutro Large Puppy and is growing and eating
well. She spends a lot of time trying to get to the three cats'
Science Diet though.
Some of my other questions were:
When do you spay or neuter a puppy? In olden days it was
thought they should be at least 6 months. My vet says 12 to 16 weeks
is better for the long life of the dog.
This same vet wants to remove the dew claws. It is not my
intention to show my puppy, but I do want her to be a good example of
her breed. What is your advice.
Thank you.

Candice in Maine.