[pyrnet] Princess Sophie

Hi everyone,
Okay, I have another question, but this one is in behalf of a dear friend.  She too has a rescued Pyr who is 10.  I think that she is on the thin side.  She is 26 1/2 inches at the withers, and weighs 76lbs.  My friend's vet does not want Sophie to gain anymore weight, because he believes that arthritis, for her, is inevitable.  He has told my friend to feed her 2 1/4 cups of food a day.  My friend couldn't stand to give her dog so little and so decided to feed Sophie 2 3/4 cups.  Sophie is not pleased with this idea.  She acts as though she is starved, and is taken to "counter surfing" more often.  I've told my friend that I believe that Sophie is too thin, but I want to know what you experienced pyr people think.  Help... again...please?
Jennifer

Do you Yahoo!?