Re: [pyrnet] New member

Hi. Linda thanks for your comments. Toby being 9 years old makes having this growth not that extraordinary, I have a few myself!! The extra part that grew recently, that prompted us to makes an appointment with the vet, has dispersed and completely gone. It grew on the eye side of the lower lid and was definitely touching it. One night at bedtime I noticed some matter in the corner of his eye which was sticky and a bit bloody which I removed with a tissue and now he is back to the original smaller growth. We have been waiting for two weeks for our appointment, I also put him on the cancellation list but I am not so anxious now and will see what this vet makes of it, she hasn't met Toby before so it will be a good time to get him weighed, listen to his heart etc. He has had this thing for probably two years so I don't feel the need to rush him to surgery if she thinks otherwise. I am almost certain that we have the only Pyr in this part of Nova Scotia, so it will be interesting to see if she has actually ever treated one before, I have lots of information for her to add to his file.

Margaret(Jo) Toby and Hannah(Golden)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 1:03 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] New member

 I have a question about growths on eye lids. I am sure most queries have already surfaced at least once before but here goes with this one: My 9 year old Pyr Toby has had this small growth probably getting bigger over at least two years, twice mentioned at the vets we determined that it wasn't giving  aggravation or problem to his cornea etc.

My 12 year old dog Ski recently had a growth removed just below eye.. it was beginning to irritate her.  It was described as a common thing for an older dog.  She was fine afterward.

Linda - Night Sky Farm
nightsky@direcway.com