Re: [pyrnet] Food issues

<Pyrs seem to be very good at training their people.>

LOL - you got that right, Heather!  Gypsy, too, plays the "I don't want that today" game.  She went for three days in a row without eating her chicken a few months back (she's also on raw).  After 20 minutes, I would pick it up and put it in the fridge.  Next day I'd offer it to her again, and again pick it up after 20 minutes.  On the 4th day, she again left the chicken.  When it got to be 20 minutes and I reached down to pick up the chicken, she suddenly appeared out of nowhere and snatched it away before my hand could reach it.  Plopped herself down and ate like nothing was wrong, and that was the end of the dinner wars for a while.  Wish that my dear husband would take the same action when it comes to her treats though - she's got him so well trained that he'll actually offer her one type of treat after another, and she won't take the treat unless it's what SHE wants to have.  She doesn't even try that on other family members, but she knows that she can get away with it with him!!!

Jeanne Bravin
Port Jefferson Station, NY
GypsyunLTD@yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?