[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20041019

 Hi,

I'm a dog walker/trainer and this summer I started
walking a 6 year old GP.  I'm concerned because
he occasionally appears to have blood in his stool.
His owner has taken him for blood work twice and
they don't find anything. These are the days I've
seen some blood in his stool:
8/17
9/14
two other dates before
9/22
9/28
10/5

The rest of the stool is usually well-formed or just a
little mushy.  On the days I see blood (it is red and
there is usually not a lot of it), he behaves differently
too.

He hasn't eaten any of his breakfast when I arrive
(usually he has eaten some or all of it)
He eats a lot of grass outside (he normally does not
graze much)
After walks on normal days, he comes in kitchen while
I write the walk notes and he finishes breakfast or eats
the 3 small treats I put in bowl. On blood days, he
doesn't even come in the kitchen with me.

Anybody have any ideas on this?
What tests to ask the vet to do?
Any other info you want?
I realize you aren't vets but thought maybe
someone might have seen something like this before.

Thanks so much for your help

Jane