[pyrnet] [creativelandscapedesign@verizon.net: Entry to Guestbook]

----- Forwarded message from Lois  Eiler <creativelandscapedesign@verizon.net> -----

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:39:37 -0400
From: creativelandscapedesign@verizon.net (Lois  Eiler)
Subject: Entry to Guestbook

You have a new entry in your guestbook:

Shepherd my 9 week old Pyr just had his offical homecoming this weekend.  Shep has proudly accepted the assignment, not to ever try or want to replace his older brother, Travis who at 10 years of age said goodbye to us May 1, 2004.

I have a question for any of you more "breed experts".  Travis, while born on a quarter horse ranch in Burleson Texas, was confined with his other litter mates to a professional breeders kennel environment.  Certainly puppies received many times of supervised freedom from their housing.

Shepherd, also born on  ranch, this one in South Irving.  Fun for me as I was allowed to visit the ranch daily if desired and schedule permitted.  Great experience...although hard to leave the other little guys as I bonded with each of them too.  These puppies, unlike Travis, were originally sheltered in the goat fenced in area with dimensions of approximately 40 X 40 feet.  But right around 4-5 weeks of age, the gates were opened and the puppies and mom had full access to the  entire 116 acres.

In just the first day, I can already tell some of the difference in how Shepherd is initially adjusting.  He tends to bite a little more, I think due to having 7 litter mates versus Travis only had 1 litter mate, a female.  But also, in his anxiety to his crate. (bigger than Travis' 48ft long and at least 3 - 4 feet tall.)  But he hasn't been even in a pen for 6 weeks, much less a crate.

His potty training is literally non existent...he has not had even one accident yet and is very sweet and loving.  I just need to hear back from some of you as to if I am doing the right thing to continue to use crate for initial training.  Believe me, the only time he is in the crate is if I have to leave for a quick errand.

How do I take some of the "ranch" out of my little guy or do I even need to.

Thanks look forward to joining your little group.

Lois And Shepherd
Lois  Eiler <creativelandscapedesign@verizon.net>
Irving, tx USA - Sunday, October 31, 2004 at 00:39:37 (EDT)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>