Re: Re: [pyrnet] Food issues-Pano

> ...I believe pano is mostly caused by genetics ...

I have to agree here - we had six pups in our litter and three came down with pano and three did not.   One boy with pano was fed kibble, "Canidae" which does not (or did not at the time) have a puppy formula - lower in protein.   My two boys were fed raw (protein content between 15 to 18 % protein).   All three with pano were boys and grew fast - the other three with no pano - two females fed raw and one male fed kibble grew at a slower pace.

Main thing - keep them rested when it strikes - crate rested and only controlled walking and exercise.   We also gave low doses of ecotrin when it got that bad (only one had it very bad where he would not want to eat for a day).   This kept them comfortable but did not do away with the pain all together.   It passes and two of my boys had it return a few times but each time was less.

> can anyone tell me what pano and Albon are?

Believe this was answered already on pano - Albon is a tough drug and is usally prescribed when pups have coccidia (sp?) - it can burn out the kidneys / forming crystals so I was told by my vet.  It it not to be used often or lightly.

Take care,
Dianne Migas