Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Pano and diet

The link provided by Judith is a balanced, no agenda or if any, small agenda, piece that is sensible and informative.  Note the most important statement made IMHO:

"It is not excess protein that causes joint problems, but over feeding dogs can contribute to arthritis and orthopedic problems. Please note that most orthopedic and joint problems are inherited, but puppies and dogs that are over weight have a greater chance of an increase in pain and discomfort, and the potential of developing orthopedic problems as younger animals and arthritis later on in their life."

Same for Pano.  The problem with anecdotal info is the constantly changing state of the pano can frequently coincide with some other changes and the mistake can be made that the change caused the pano symptom change.  When it was more likely that, with the pano changing often and over long period of times anyway, so the change is not easily associated with one change of diet.  Same is basically true of Albon, that's why I parse my words to say I believe now, over many cases with fairly reliable same type and time period changes for the improvement of the symptoms, that Albon appears to help.  Is it 100%?  No, nothing is.  But very reliable now in my hands.  What I do nutritionally is give a higher quality diet, i.e. more digestible and maybe fresher.  My friends concur and are cautious about making false associate and stating them as fact as well.
Back to the link
I agree mostly with what it says especially the part about "most are inherited" and diet and weight mainly causing problems within the part of the inherited problem or tendency.

I was hoping to see the part about diet changing genetics that was offered up earlier.  Maybe that is still to come?

As Linda implied, look out for dietary claims from the commercial interests.  They call it marketing <G>.

Joe