Re: [pyrnet] Fw: (Fwd) Panosteitis

Maureen,

Thanks for writing this, while having the bout with pano in our pups Janet Ingram and I spoke of likelyhood that it could be an infection (hence fevers).   Perhaps more studies could be done and maybe Dr. Bob will head one up for the GPCA (Independent).  I agree that genetics do play a part as well and look forward to discussing this with Bob.

Regarding coccidia - I have heard if the Dam has had it her pups will - this was not the case here.   Our girl had it as a pup when we purchased her - none of her pups had it not even when two of the pups went to a kennel where it is seen in every litter.   They themselves never contracted it.   I have been told by many (including 8 different vets) that a suppressed immune system leaves them open to it.  This would suggest that our two pups that went to the kennel (btw there were pups the same age there with it) never got it.

Thanks again for your info and glad you wrote - maybe Janet will share the research she did as well!

Dianne