Re: [pyrnet] Health - possible infection in tail?

Any mysterious type skin problem anywhere on a Pyr, I think now of food allergy.  I would go ahead and eliminate food with any beef in it as beef is the prime offender.  Chicken is next as an offender, so a diet of a protein source absent beef and chicken would be easy, although sometimes one has to look for it.  Lamb has been the alternate of choice, but with its popularity, this is rising now as well, but probably a safe reasonable place to start.  Carefully read the ingredients as they sneak beef and chicken into such foods as Lamb and Rice, etc.  You have nothing to loose here and sometimes dx of these food allergies is only by elimination anyway.  Simple, safe, and easy if you can find the protein source without beef or chicken.  It will take weeks sometimes to notice a change and sometime the condition will actually worsen as the body purges itself of the toxins.

Joe