Re: [pyrnet] Our Stick Collectors

Of course she does, it is a great name. Whenever we have been expecting to bring home a puppy I would spend hours pouring over the books that list endless choices of names, it would become an obsession to get the right name, but I almost always went for people names, I am obviously not very imaginative :o)

Jo, Toby (Pyr named after his English grandfather) and Hannah (Golden named after her Mother.)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Our Stick Collectors

    We picked the name Ombre blindly from French translation of the world "shadow" (and in our total ignorance of the French language.)  It is commonly assumed that we meant the Spanish word "hombre", and we pronounce it that way.  Once we finally found someone who could pronounce Ombre in proper French, we found that it strains our Midwestern mouth muscles to say it correctly. :)
    Bottom line is:  She doesn't care a bit and comes galloping across the yard no matter how we pronounce her name. :)

Nancy