Re: [pyrnet] Our Clothesline Robbers

Thank you for the explaining your dogs names, Lisa, you have such an imagination, I just go the easy route and choose people names, although my first Bernese we called Pharoah for some reason. We adopted a 9 year old Pyr who was called Challenger, we thought it an odd name at the time but we shortened it to Challi, he was definitely not a challenge he was a sweet boy. Our other Bernese was Gus, adopted adult Golden Abby, female Bernese Chloe, adopted adult Golden Jake. our now Pyr Toby and Golden Hannah.:o) I would love to see photos, thank you. The reason my guys are eating ice is because we are surrounded by it here in Nova Scotia, Canada Brrr!!!

Jo, Toby and Hannah(Golden)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Our Clothesline Robbers

In a message dated 1/30/2005 12:24:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, rnjhodgson@eastlink.ca writes:
yours are eating coconuts and quacamole mine are munching on ice, whats wrong with this picture? I am always interested in the names that people give their animals and Jelly Sammich got my attention but also where did a name like TrixieSueFrances come from?
Thanks for your message, Jo!
Coincidentally, mine also love ice and have two buckets of cubes downstairs ready
for our visit to the dogpark this afternoon.  I am constantly begging ice from restaurants and places where I frequent that have the machines I also freeze stainless buckets 1/2 full so I always have it available if I am unsuccessful in my treking through Palm Beach County.

I am a rescue and my best goal is to have the adopting owners name their own dogs when the bring them into their lives.  When I got three Pyr puppies last June from ACC I named them Tide, Wisk, and Cheer (my life became ALL about laundry).  Tide was adopted by a horse farm in Winter Park and is now known as Argus.  Cheer became Chubby and then Cubbie and he is staying here.  Wisk has always been a Trixie from the first 30 seconds I laid eyes on her - she is full of the devil and the only girl.  I wanted her name to be Souffle (very French) and somehow she became TrixieSou...then the first Hurricane "Frances" wherein she ran out of the gate and I was literally running on hundreds of grapefruits trying to catch her - thus, TrixieSueFrances.  Many people ask if she was named after the saint and I reply she is no saint - she was named after a hurricane!

Jelly was a Newfie I met at a dogpark in Wellington  a few years ago and I loved the name because you cannot say it without smiling.  I rescued what I was told was a Beardie (turned into a Tibetan Terrier) from ACC last April and decided to name him Jelly (or JellyMan).   He is usually sandwiched between the two remaining Pyr pups who act like slices of white bread so he is the Jelly in the Pyr sammich.  Taffy was thought to be a Pyr that turned out to be a Kuvasz and had been hit by a car and taken to ACC.  She had a broken hip, two breaks to the pelvis, and her femur was in six pieces - she had three huge surgeries and was on a morphine patch for almost a month.  During that time she became very attached "stuck" to me and so she became my sticky, chewy Taffy.

 From my recent tames, Taffy, Jelly, and Souffle; one may think that I have been hungry the past year...

Thanks for asking and helping me to remember how special these wonders are!
If you would like to see a picture I can e-mail it to you directly!
Best regards,

Lisa, Oliver (Beardie), Derby (AussieX),
and Pyrs: CeeCee, and Sophie, Taffy (Kuvasz) and Jelly Sammich (Tibetan Terrier)
TrixieSueFrances and Cubbie (9 mo old Pyrenees pups - :) - ALL RESCUED!
Oliver's House, Incorporated
355 Marlborough Road, W Palm Beach, FL 33405 (561) 659-8356 or 379-8328 cell
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County"