From: nina kelly
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 12:38 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Worried mom

Hello

I really need some help on this I am a new Pry mommy, his name is Dilbert. He is the sweetest little guy ever, we got his as a rescue pup. I have two problems though and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

The first one is potty training, ( we have another dog, and we had no problems with potty training her). The thing is he comes to tell us when he needs to go out to do number 2, but when it comes to number 1, no matter how much we watch him to see any mannerisms of him having to go out. He gives no sign at all!!! Even when we put him out every 30 min sometime he'll whine and scratch at the door to be let in, we do and, not all the time, but sometimes when he comes in not even 5 minutes later he will pee.??? We are at a real loss. We have tried everything. And we know that he can hold it in because when he is in his den he never messes in it.

The second question I have is, and I am hoping that it is a puppy thing is his aggression/nipping. He is only 16 weeks old and when he is playing with our Lab he sometimes becomes what I perceive to be aggressive. He starts biting and pulling at her. And every time Harley(our lab) comes in from outside he run at her jumps and starts biting her. He also nips at us, although not at bas as when we first got him.  We do correct his behaviour, and it is getting better toward us, but it does not seem to be the case towards Harley, and we are worried that when he gets bigger he might hurt her.  I am just hoping that it is a puppy thing and that he will grow out of it.
I would really appreciate any feed back of any kind .

Thank you
Nina Kelly
Alberta Canada