Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20050201

Well, truth be told what many of us find endearing drives others crazy.  And that adorable fluffy white puppy grows up.  It sheds, it drools, it barks...alot, it won't like your mother-in-law if you do, but will love her if you don't.  It sits in your chair, it barks... alot, digs holes in your yard, ignores you when you tell it to come.  Let off a lead it goes on walk-about.  Did I mention it Barks..alot. It drives your neighbors crazy 'cause their kids love it and they are terrified of something that big.  It likes to go for rides and slimes your windows and barks at everything that goes by.. ( I did mention it barks alot). You can never wear black, blue or anything but white...

IYou bought a fluffy white puppy and it suddenly becomes the size of a small polar cub..it will probably frustrate you.  If you decide your dog will come when you let it off the lead, it will disappoint you.

The reason these or any dogs, cats and kids are abuse is because people do not have the sense to understand their own limits.  And when things are not as they expect they react negatively and unfortunately for many smaller creatures, two and four legged they react aggressively and brutally.

Remember, every time you hear some one say, but just one litter. Or I want them to have another puppy, kitty, just like them, that those animals will be lucky to find good homes.  Better to go to the shelter and find a kitten or puppy.  And SPAY AND NEUTER!

My grandmother had a favorite saying, when would bring home little homeless creatures.. "The trouble with a kitten is that....It grows up to be a Cat".  Too many people have forgotten that in this disposable world we live in.

Tea

Nlduzan@aol.com wrote:
    I enjoy reading the heart-warming stories of challenges overcome and the patience so many of you invest in all the rescued Pyrs.  Your devotion to their well-being has my utmost respect.
    Hard to imagine how anyone could abuse or abandon such a wonderful gentle creature.
    Only time I can find it in myself to even raise my voice at Ombre is when she jumps the fence and is digging up, or laying in, my prized oriental lilies.  She knows she's not supposed to be in there.
    Your stories also lead me to wonder why it seems so many Pyrs have to go through the surrender/foster/adoption process?  They are so unwaiveringly loyal, it must be very hard for them to be moved around from one family to another.

Nancy