Re: [pyrnet] In defense of Rescue/Shelters

In a message dated 2/3/05 6:57:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, jsmiller@newmex.com writes:

As to the rest of that
nonsense about if the dog can't sleep on the bed, "you" are not a good
home....that's a bunch of hogwash!  None of my Pyrs sleep on the bed
and I consider myself an excellent home. :)  There are REPUTABLE
Rescues, just as there are REPUTABLE Breeders!

I definitely agree with your assessment of the difference between Rescue Organizations and Breeders. As a volunteer with NEPR I have spoken with an AC officer that I frequently run into at a local vets office, and he absolutely refuses to deal with Breed Specific Rescue Groups. There is one local Animal Shelter that he deals with exclusively.

Terry