Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20050207

"  If You don't want to be dealing with something when the dog is 100 lbs and Alpha,don't do it when they are 30 lbs. and YOU are Alpha"~~~~

I couldn't agree more and I've spent the last several years trying to get that across to my husband, teehee. I'm ALPHA, lol. I wonder if a take down hold would work on him?
Seriously though, you are right of course. I once was a Old English Mastiff parent, (I miss her sooo much! :(  )  Dominance didn't seem a problem until all of a sudden she was grown. Sometimes it seemed she thought I was her dog. We eventually worked it out but, it took lots of training. I was hoping to avoid the mistakes I inadvertently made with her this time. All of the reading I've done on Pyrs tells me how fiercely independent they are and so, I guess that the thing to do is have him read some of the same material so that he understands how important it is. At this point I don't think he sees what I see, and honestly we've only had a Rat Terrier (Dena) and as Alpha as she thinks she is, She is that much obedient. This is a whole new world, and I think he'll be fine. All of us.
Thanks for the advice. Betty & "Dante"