[pyrnet] Deaf Pyrs

Has anyone been testing hearing in their breeding Pyrs?

I've been getting reports from folks in this area who bought puppies from people who apparently don't know or care about the all white pedigree problem and, of course, the pups are deaf.

I know people have been testing hip/elbows/patellas for a while and are starting eyes.  What about hearts?

It's startling how much cancer seems to be hitting but sadly no tests for that.....and often doesn't hit 'til a dog is older and already produced pups.

I really do think hearing should be tested, which I'll be looking into.  And, naturally, we should be making it more known about all white and color breedings.

I've been told that in Sweden they try not to breed all white dogs at all do to skin and other problems.

I know there is no preference in the States but don't they prefer markings in France?

Any input?

Chrissy