Re: [pyrnet] Deaf Pyrs

Wow, that's the first time I think I've heard of a marked Pyr being deaf.

We have two all whites who hear just fine as well as the marked ones.....although Rajah (marked) has always been selective and seems to be getting a little hard hearing in her old age.

What I was told, these breedings are from most or all of the dogs in the pedigrees being all white.  Some didn't know because they were purchased from a fellow at five weeks old at a stock sale unregistered.  Poor folks think they're getting a bargain since they just want a livestock guardian and some of these "breeders" charge more to get registration on the pup.

I understand selling a pup without registration until spay/neuter is proven but to just say $100.00 for nonregistered or limited reg. and $300.00 for the same dog registered or fully reg. bugs me.

I've also heard of "blue eyed Pyrs" with/without dew claws.

Yeah, I'm in WV.  (north central to be exact)
Chrissy

believe. The deaf Pyr we have now is definitely not an all white Pyr and was
not produced by both parents being all white either. His sister is deaf in
one ear. The other two deafies we had in Rescue were all whites.

Barb Bowes<<<<<