[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20050309-1

In a message dated 3/9/2005 1:54:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:

Not questioning Pam, just wanting to know how the deafness was diagnosed.

I still am not sure it is that common although I might consider the fact that we
possibly have a problem with dogs being hearing "impaired" that we often
interpret as "selective' hearing.  i.e. just doesn't listen.

Linda,
Not a problem to answer ~~
The dog was a Pyr. Puppy~all white~~pink eyerims~flesh colored nose~~less than 1 year old ~~
We were told of the deafness by the owners, of course We then had the puppy tested at the University of Florida~Yes the puppy was/is deaf~part of the ear(s) did not develope correctly~
No~~this was not selective hearing since there was nothing present in the ear to pick up sounds and commands  that could then be ignored  by the dog ~~
Pamc