[pyrnet] CARE: Moving to a new home

We'll be moving in a couple of weeks.  Gypsy is now 6
years old (as of today - happy birthday!) and has
lived with us in our current location her entire life.

We currently have a large 4 bedroom high ranch on
about 1/3 acre of property.  She's a house dog, and
has unlimited access to all of the rooms inside.  My
husband and I both work, so she's alone in the house
for 6-7 hours a day.  Part of the yard right outside
the back of the house is fenced in 6' stockade, and
the remainder of the backyard is fenced in chain link.
 During the day she's allowed full access to the
entire back yard when she goes out.  After dark, I
close the gate to the stockade fence so that she must
stay closer to the house.  This arrangement has worked
out very well for us over the last 6 years.

The new house is much smaller, but it has a larger
yard.  She will again have full access to all of the
rooms inside.  We'll have 1/2 acre corner lot, and the
entire perimeter of the property is enclosed with a
chain link fence.  As soon as possible I'd like to
fence part of the back so that I am able to limit her
access to the full yard, but I won't be able to do
that immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make
this move less traumatic for both Gypsy and myself?
She gets out of sorts if I so much as move furniture
in a room - I don't picture her adapting very quickly
to her entire world changing!  I will be able to take
a full week off of work right after the move, but will
have to return to work after that.  Any ideas will be
greatly appreciated.

Jeanne

Jeanne Bravin
Port Jefferson Station, NY