Re: [pyrnet] CARE: Moving to a new home

--- Nlduzan@aol.com wrote:
<You have, of course,  acquired new tags for Gypsy,
with her new address on them.   I don't thoroughly
understand the technology of microchips and we haven't
moved since we've had a chipped dog.  Surely they can
they be re-programmed when the family moves?>

ARGH!  No, I hadn't thought of that at all!  I'll stop
and get a new ID tag made this week, with my cell
phone number on it so that I can be reached 24/7.
Also, I'll call my vet with the new info BEFORE the
actual move - her rabies tag is linked to the info in
the vet's office.  She is microchipped, but I don't
take too much stock in that for quick ID purposes.  I
will contact the company and give them the new info,
too.  I don't know how long it takes them to update
their data base, but I'm not as worried about that as
I am about the others.  A new neighbor isn't likely to
have a chip scanner in their back pocket, but they
will certainly be able to read the tags.  Also, I have
to contact the town and update the address on her
license.

I can't believe that I didn't think of these things!
Thank you!!!

Jeanne Bravin
Port Jefferson Station, NY
GypsyunLTD@yahoo.com