Re: [pyrnet] CARE: Moving to a new home

    Having worked legal for many years, I am cautious about the signs I put on my property -- including (but not limited to) those "Beware of Dog" signs; or any sign professing the threat of a dog.
    I once heard an attorney pose the very logical question,
"You knew that dog was a dangerous animal, didn't you?  Isn't this a picture of the 'Beware of Dog' sign posted on your gate?"
    That common sign conveyed the message that their dog was predisposed to hostility (it had no aggressive history), when all they really meant was: stay out of the yard, not open the gate, and do not let the dog out.
    So, when I put up any sign I consider whether is conveys exactly what I mean to say.  A dog's life can depend on it if anything bad happens.

Nancy