RE: [pyrnet] problem

Title: Message
I may be crazy, but Czar puts his foot on me all of the time when he wants attention; very, very gently, but he still does it, and I have never reprimanded him for it.  He does know, however, that he absolutely cannot do this to anyone else or when I take him to the nursing home for his pet therapy with the nursing home residents.  It's like he senses when he has to be extremely gentle.  He will not do it with older people, babies or children or small animals.  I guess I always thought it was very endearing when he does it to me, and I haven't been concerned because he doesn't do it to anyone else...he is so sweet and gentle that I would feel bad if I told him to stop.  Call me nuts, but I love it...as long as he doesn't do it to anyone else...
-----Original Message-----
From: Janna720@aol.com [mailto:Janna720@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 8:40 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] problem

I am at a loss as to how to get my Great Pyr Lady to stop putting her foot on me when I pet her.. She is very good and sits before she is petted, but then she like paws at you. I have tried putting her foot back down and saying "no" and I am doing that over and over every day, but so far no luck..

Also if she gets out of her pen (which is pretty good size by the way), she won't come when you call her.  I Have tried treats, going and getting her, and no luck..

We live out in the country and while we do want her to guard our sheep when we get them, farmers around here shoot dogs if they come on their property.

any suggestions?