Re: [pyrnet] problem

So you have met the "paw". You use your hands, so do many pyrs.
    Those paws, and the copycat thing, are how they learn to open gates and henhouse doors.  Ombre helped me pick gooseberries last year, but I'd like her to learn to carry firewood and stack it neatly by the door. :)

    Ombre does the paw thing all the time.  Glad to know it's just another pyr-thing.  Every trip to the back yard means a change of clothes around here.  She doesn't jump up on Hubby, but she seems to want to get close to my face and puts her front feet on my shoulders (which was knocking me down).  Now she stands on her hind legs right in front of me with her front paws demurely folded, looks me in the face, and offers one front paw so we can "hold hands".
    I have to brace myself if she's romping and running.  She may run past me several times, but the final lap she throws a hard shoulder block into my legs.  Her idea of great fun.  I think I can hear her giggle when she does it.
Nancy