Re: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20050318-1

I was driving through a wooded section of town one day and a dog kept dashing back and forth across the street.  I stopped my car to be sure I did not hit it and got out.  The dog came right up to me. The owner came rushing out of the woods, very bedraggled and could not believe I had caught the dog that easily.   I had never seen the dog before and it was not a pyr.  So as much as we kid about these furrballs, they are not the only ones who lead their people on a merry chase.

My black lab was an escape artist and one day I caught her by starting my car and leaving the back door open.  She ran home and jumped right in so she would not miss the trip.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20050318-1

"How to call Pyrs that get out of the pen"
    When Ombre got out and ran off in the woods, Ron chased her nearly a mile, until he had to stop and rest.  She seemed to think the chasing was a game.  As soon as he sat down, she ran right up to him and he grabbed her collar.
    Just another hint in case nothing else works.  Sit on the ground and pant. :)

Nancy