Re: [pyrnet] Complaints and Protests(was puppy growl)

On 19 Mar 2005 at 8:22, Terence Rickert wrote:

> He will from time to time "Complain/Protest," when things don't
> go his way, and after awhile you will be able to differentiate between
> your boys different types of barking and his attempts to communicate
> with you.

Earlier in the week, we had our spring storm of the century with about
10-12" of snow here in town.  Kazak had been out for his pre bedtime
run and came in to his crate.  About 30 minutes later, Kazak was
grumbling and yipping, getting more agitated and letting me know he
was displeased. Thinking he wanted out, I did so and when he came in
he went to the bed in the den, refusing to go to his crate.  I took a look
and all those big snow balls on his legs had melted in the crate and
there was a puddle of cold water on the crate pads.  No way was Kazak
going to sleep in cold water.  So I mopped up the mess, got a nice dry
doggy blanket to line the crate and sent Kazak to crate.  He stood in the
crate, rearranged the blankie to his satisfaction, flopped down and not
another peep was heard all night! :)

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com