Re: [pyrnet] Resource guarding or aggression?

Well, my contact let the other shoe drop this morning. This wasn't a simple
nip, the dog was on top of the child and had to be pulled off, and the
child has seven staples in his head.

My response to the ACO was that even with the series of miss-steps, this
appears to go beyond resource guarding into the realm of aggression, and I
don't know that even with extensive work I would ever trust that dog again.

It really is so sad that what might have been a great dog was handled so
cavalierly, and that both a child and the dog are suffering for it. Some
day I may understand how it is that people can't see beyond an adorable
ball of fluff to consider the size and needs of the adult.

Liz Caldwell
Lawrence, KS