From: Amy Bailey [mailto:newbailey@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:35 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] The Nose

All,  I need to ask about another Pyr communication technique - The Nose.  I hope that this is a pyr thing, not that I have inadvertently taught two dogs who never met each other the same bad habit.  Jascha and Charlie will each goose me with their nose if they insist that they need to go out and I am ignoring them or telling them no.  Please forgive this next part, by watching them when they do go out side, I have discovered that they accurately explain their plight by where they poke me.  If they poke me in the butt, they run out to poop, if in the front, they run out to pee.  It's as if they are saying , we are not fooling around, this is urgent, and this is what I need to do.   Sorry for so crass a discussion, but do any others also do this??  As much as they love to go out to bark, they take care of business first, then bark when the request is made this way.