From: Nlduzan@aol.com [mailto:Nlduzan@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:11 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] The Paw

    Thanks Terry, I'll try "off".  I've been saying "get down", but it's not very effective.  Ombre knows she isn't supposed to jump on me, but she reminds me of a little kid stomping in a puddle of water: she knows she'll be scolded, but just can't resist the fun of it.
    After learning the Mini-Pin traits for years, I shouldn't be surprised at the commonality of Pyr traits, but it never ceases to amaze me that disconnected individuals within each breed have so many recognizable habits and/or instincts.
    We've had to start our own education all over with the new breed.  Our Mini-Pin is so much a part of our daily lives and knows the routine of both voice and hand signals, that we hadn't thought about dog training for awhile, except when hubby teaches her a new trick once in awhile to be sure she's still "young". ;)
    This group has been SO great for helping us to better understand our Pyr pup; and hopefully, do a better job of training and communicating with her.  Let me take this opportunity to thank each of you.

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com