Re: [pyrnet] Evaluating puppies

I'm not real clear how they went about it myself.  When they told me they wanted her to keep the deer out of their prize azaleas, I told them Pyrs dig and she'd have to be worked with but even then I didn't know.

I know she did dig and chew some in her pen while still young.  But after a while, I guess by just telling her no and positive reinforcement, she got the idea and they fenced in a larger area for her.  :-D  I know not every Pyr could do this.  Just like not every Pyr is cut out for guarding chickens and some aren't good at guarding at all.  :)

I was getting concerned about Beauty.  She's nearing two years and is so excitable.....she *loves* attention.  She also liked to play with the baby lamb and kid so we put them all in a pen together, tied her (yes) in the middle where they could all get to food, water and shelter but the lamb and kid could "get away" from her playing if necessary.  Now she's calm with 'em, they all sleep together, love each other and she gets upset if I let them out without her.

Chrissy