[pyrnet] Pyr surgery

Hello to all.  I have a 10.5 year old, 95 pound Pyr. Due to a slip on the stairs, she is walking with a slight limp, and keeping little weight on that back leg (unless, of course, she wants to play…) Next week I go to a teaching college for full diagnosis and x-rays. The local vet feels that cruciate surgery or TPLO may be needed.

She will be put under anaesthetic that morning for the x-rays.  If surgery is confirmed and we go ahead, she will be under anaesthetic the next day for the surgery, and  possibly again 6 weeks later to x-ray the healing.  I’m really worried about putting her through this (vehicles and vet clinics have her shaking like a leaf and of course, there is her age) but want to do what’s best for her.  I would be grateful for any words of wisdom or personal experiences.  Thank you in advance.  Alex.