Re: [pyrnet] Pyr pup in need of home

It sounds like you have done and are doing everything possible for her.  Sure you don't want a third dog?? It sounds to me like she has found a family who cares about her !!  One last question - you did not mention a microchip scan, but I assume that someone has checked that too.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:32 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Pyr pup in need of home

Hello everyone!  Bridget in BAMA here.  Mom to Bear and Sugar Bear.

Several weeks ago a neighborhood kid brought a pyr pup to my house and said, "Here ya go Mrs. Kaiser.  I've brought her home for ya."  Well, he thought he had brought Sugar Bear home.  It wasn't Sugar Bear (she's only escaped three times in four years).  It's a Pyr pup that was loose around the corner.  We've walked her around town daily hoping to find her owner only to eventually be told she had been running around "over there" for about four days.

We have taken every measure to locate her owner.  We've called the local vets offices and contacted the local police dispatch and the Baldwin County Human Society; even placed an ad in the local papers in the Lost Pups section.  No one has contacted us and we are now in the process of trying to find her a loving and deserving home.  I've again contacted all the above mentioned places and had them change her from Lost/Found to "in need of loving home."

The Baldwin County Human Society is going to help with the cost of having her altered and we will be participating in the pet adoption on the 23rd of this month in Bay Minette, AL.  Rob (BCHS) and I have agreed that she will not be "adopted out" that day but rather shown and applications for adoption taken on her.  I want to be able to interview the intended "parent(s)" and make sure they are able to meet the needs of a pyr pup/dog.

If anyone has any suggestions on what other measures may be taken, or rescue organizations that may be contacted to place her please contact me at 251-964-5297 or kaiser4@gulftel.com.  We've had her for about four weeks now and after we have her altered we will be ready to place her.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Bridget Kaiser