[pyrnet] Lots of Experience with Greyhounds and Pyrs

I currently have 2 rescued greyhounds and a  pyr.  I have fostered greys with my pyr and had no issues.  My pyr is super with all dogs and is neutered so I don't worry about that issue.  Since he was a pup he has been around rescue greys coming and going in a foster situation. I once took in a rescue  pyr and that worked ok for a while but when he started to move up the pack order and jockey for position he attacked and almost killed my sweetest greyhound. needless to say, I didn't offer to take any more pyrs after that, except for the pyr puppy we got that grew up with the greyhounds.
 Greyhounds are very, very laid back for the most part. They are clean and easy going and don't bark to warn like pyrs do.  My female will bark when the garage door opens to let me know she is glad to see me but she quiets down quickly.  They need to be taught to do stairs, to eat dry food, to be housebroken and what glass windows and door are all about, but they learn so quickly and are so eager to please.  They are used to being crated so don't let them tell you they dont 'want' to get into the crate. Push them in and say "kennel up" like they hear on the track.  They don't really talk to them on most tracks so the dogs may have no idea that words actually mean anything, including being called a name. The racing name is not the call name, similar to show dogs who aren't called the registered name. Once they make the connection they truly enjoy learning and both of my greys have CGC and TDI certificates so it proves that they CAN and do learn.
  Good luck to you and if you want to talk email me @ Reedialer1@aol.com and I will send you my phone number. I would love to talk about this.  I was very excited to see this post!
  We have been very happy with my greys and of course, my beautiful pyr.  I can tell you that 6 greys are not as stubborn or hard to deal with as my one pyr.
Roz