From: Ray & Jo
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Any Experience with Greyhounds and Pyrs?

Hi. Amy. I have always been led to believe that Greyhounds can and do make lovely pets, generally I think that most have the typical laid back temperament and can become wonderful members of most families, whether there are already dogs on not. I have a friend that went to visit with an adoption coordinator in her area, her initial thought was to adopt two, she ended up taking four... 2 boys and 2 girls...In retrospect I think she should have stuck to her original plan and then maybe down the road look to adopting two more. It is my understanding that they were fine for a while but then they started to posture for dominance, I feel that it was a bit much to expect these guys to all get along from word go..anyway I haven't heard from her for a while but I am sure that she would be more than willing to tell you of her experiences. She has had Wolfhounds, Danes, Basset Hounds, a previous greyhound and a large mixed breed dog. As far as getting along with Pyrs, why not? It depends so much on each of the temperament and personalities as to whether they would be happy together..as you say they aren't familiar with any other breeds, so the introduction would have to be as gentle as possible. Are you near Connecticut, would you be able to foster or adopt one of these unfortunate dogs? I also saw this email and wondered if they were able to cope with re-homing so many dogs. I live in SW Nova Scotia and there are quite a few greyhounds in this area, I am sure that they came from that neck of the woods. If you would like to know my friends email address please let me know.

Jo, Toby and Hannah(Golden)