Re: [pyrnet] Re: Thin Pyr

Judith,
Thank you so much for your prompt response.
You are right, he is a senior and I should take that into consideration.
At one time, he was obviously cared for (that is why I was convinced he was owned by someone at some time).  His coat was taken care of at one time and the matting is recent, not long term.
He just will not take in more that a cup at a time.
I do have him eating a larger dinner (I guess his stomach is stretching :)
I cannot free feed him in a house of ten plus dogs, but I do sneak him the fattening biscuits whenever he seems interested.
I make them special for him (BIG), I started making them smaller and I found that he liked them so now I am making them bigger and bigger, getting more into him each time :)

Thanks again for your interest and support.
I definitely will have him looked at by the vet.
I am glad not to have to focus just on cancer for the moment.

Regards,

Lisa
Oliver (Beardie), Derby (Aussie), Jelly (Tibetan Terrier), Taffy (Kuvasz)
Sophie, Baloo, CeeCee, Tonka, Cubbie, & trixiesueFRANCES (Great Pyrenees)
ALL RESCUED!
Oliver's House, Incorporated - 561.379.8328 - oliverslb@aol.com
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County"