[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20050515

In a message dated 5/16/2005 12:01:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:

  Does anyone have any ideas on why he would not be gaining weight?  He was seen by two vets, at both the shelter and ACC.>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lisa,
Here's another reciepe that has had good results in putting weight on a dog~~
Good Luck

Pamc
~

Satin Balls

The following recipe was sent to Wellpet by Diana Carreon, R.N.,C.
It quickly became one of the most requested posts on Wellpet.

Ingredients

    10 pounds hamburger meat [the cheapest kind]
    1 lg. box of Total cereal [or comparable natural brand]
    1 lg. box oatmeal
    1 jar of wheat germ
    1 1/4 cup veg oil
    1 1/4 cup of unsulfured molasses
    10 raw eggs
    10 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
    pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together, much like you would a meatloaf.

Divide into 10 quart freezer bags and freeze.

Thaw as needed.

Uses

"I take a frozen pack to dogs shows with me, kept on ice, and never have had any trouble with it spoiling, even in the heat of Texas summers..".