[pyrnet] AKC/GPCA coat color change?

Hi,

I was just wondering why, when looking at pedigrees, many dogs back several generations are listed as white with gray markings, then it changes in the next generations to white with wolfgray markings.....what most of mine had been.....and now it's back to gray.

Why was it decided to call it gray then wolfgray and back to gray?  What's the difference?  I know I always considered wolfgray to have some tan mixed in but not quite like the badger.  And the clear gray I usually referred to as steel or silver gray.

But I just wondered why it's either one or the other on registrations and one cannot pick whether they think it's wolfgray or gray?

.....Although I've noticed that many farmers in this area list most of their marked dogs as badger whether they are or not.

I've also noticed that there do seem to be more badger in these local dogs than in the "show" dogs I've seen.  Of course there is also the problem with folks here not knowing about all white breedings and I'm getting calls about deaf Pyrs but we've already had that discussion here.  {smile  :)  }

Chrissy