Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Rescue Dogs

We have no set amount. Depends on what we have spent. Even a healthy dog can cost us over $500.00 if we have to pay a boarding fee as well as shots and spaying/neutering. I can handle up to 8 Rescues here. It's not easy but I've done it. Plus my own 2 dogs so that is a total of 10. Any overflow goes to the boarding kennel. I only have 5 Rescues at the moment so it's like a vacation. <G> Although one dog is 8 1/2 and I'm not sure she will find a home. Seems she's too old for most adopters. :-( I also have one who is afraid of people but once she trusts you she is the sweetest, and most gentle dog. She will be a long term foster as well. One of the males has to be an only pet, and the other 2 are ready to go to new homes as soon as the right family comes along.

Barb Bowes PDGPC Rescue Chair
greatpyr@enter.net
http://www.penndutchrescue.org
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA364.html