Re: [pyrnet] Puppy begins BARKING - on camping trip.. suggestions?

I just want to be very clear about my original post about my puppy (5 mos).. I am totally aware of their nature and all of that, but I have in the past seen useful posts and tips about ENCOURAGING some control of the barking.. and of course this relates to times when we are NOT at home and may need to exert more control over it (and crating isn't always a constant option).  I also know that a lot of it this past weekend... was his first camp trip and being more nervous than usual.

Linda
Nightsky Farm
Stanwood, Wash.

----- Pyrs bark, period. They are guard dogs. Greater danger for flock animals is at night so since our beloved friends for centuries have worked this way they have become somewhat nocturnal. After time you get to know the barks, like hunger, joy, danger, are you nuts.

    She "guards" everything within her sight and hearing, which includes the neighbor's driveway, their cat, deer, raccons, possums, etc.  As near as I can tell, her theory is that constant big whoofing all night let's the whole world know to stay away from her yard and her fence.