Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Puppy begins BARKING - on camping trip.. suggestions?

I'll be watching the learned answers to this one.
    Ombre "guards" all night, every night. I've tried going out to have a little chat and investigate, but that doesn't work long enough for the doorknob to click when I come back inside.  I tell her "Shhhh, be still" but I might as well talk to the trees.
    She "guards" everything within her sight and hearing, which includes the neighbor's driveway, their cat, deer, raccons, possums, etc.  As near as I can tell, her theory is that constant big whoofing all night let's the whole world know to stay away from her yard and her fence.
    I'm sure our neighbors would love it if we found a different theory for her.

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com