Re: [pyrnet] Stubborn coat stains

Hi,

I'm not sure if you meant our recipe but here's the message I'd wrote.  I did add a few things I'd forgotten before.  {big grin  :-D  }

"I may get some disagreement on this but we mix our own shampoo.  Our dogs haven't shown for almost three years but when we did, they would still go months at a time between shows.....getting completely filthy.  Right before a show, we'd mix our shampoo and conditioner, brush, bathe, brush and.....although they don't quite look like the ones being shown every weekend, they look pretty good and did some nice winning for all they showed.

Here's the "recipe."

Shampoo:
In a gallon milk jug combine a cap full of Tide, a few sprinkles of flea powder (just in case), cap full of fabric bluing (the bluing cap), squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid and a tablespoon or so of Orvus (spelling?) livestock shampoo.  Add some hot water, shake well, add warm water, shake some more.  Test temperature before using.

Conditioner:
In half to one gallon jug combine cap full of Nice and Fluffy fabric softener, flea powder and regular conditioner.  (May add a splash of distilled vinegar if the dog has oily skin.)  Add some hot water, shake well, add warm water, shake more.  Test temp. before using.

Brush dog.

Wet dog, shampoo feet and legs, then belly, tail, neck, sides, back and head (be careful with eyes).  Rinse well.  Shampoo with regular shampoo to remove bluing, tide, etc. and rinse well again.  Pour conditioner mix over dog and massage into coat.  Rinse well.  Dry and brush dog.

Although none of our dogs have ever had a reaction, some dogs may be allergic to this.  This is also not for regular baths but for getting a really dirty dog clean fairly fast.

Note:  Do *not* use too much bluing.  I did once on a rescue and ended up with a Pyr with light blue markings.  :-D  If your dog does turn blue, don't worry, it will go away eventually."
<<<<<

Chrissy