[pyrnet] Shelter in TN closed, President charged with ANIMAL CRUELTY-HELP THESE ANIMALS! *UPDATE*

Anyone down in TN that can help with the Pyrs? See message below my
signature.

Barb Bowes
Chelsea (Pyr)  Twister (Pyr)
greatpyr@enter.net
http://www.penndutchrescue.org
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA364.html

PLEASE CROSSPOST!!

The Perry Link Shelter in Marion County, TN, has been closed and the
"President" charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty. All animals have
been taken to the Humane Educational Society (HES) in Chattanooga, TN and
HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED.

News stories can be seen on this story at http://wrcbtv.com/ or
http://www.newschannel9.com/ and the HES website is  http://heschatt.com

The situation is still being assessed, but the according to the Director of
HES the following are in desperately needed:

Foster families - they need to understand that the animals from Perry Link
are still not the property of HES and until released to HES cannot be
adopted out.

Adoptions from HES - With the influx of animals, as much space as needed as
possible. Anyone interested in adopting an animal from HES would be doing a
huge favor to HES by adopting now. They could also use fosters for some of
their animals. (A LIST OF ANIMALS THAT WERE SEEN TODAY ARE LISTED BELOW).

Donations - financial donations will offset the costs already incurred to
HES and will continue to incure throughout this crisis.

Guy Bilyeu is the director of HES, and his contact information is (423)
624-5302 ext. 223 or hesdirector@comcast.net.  You can also contact Beth
Brock at hesoutreach@comcast.net.

HES IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF ASSISTANCE. If you have room for even one, even
TEMPORARILY please let the shelter know.
One of our members walked through the kennels earlier today (6/8/04), and
they have MANY nice purebred dogs not related to the Perry Link shelter.

These dogs must find homes to make room for the large number of dogs from
Perry Link!

-(2) Great Pyrenees. One is absolutely stunning, very pretty face. steady
eyes and demeanor. This dog tempted me & I have no room & am not a big dog
person. Someone rescue this dog! You will not be sorry!!! The other pyr is a
nice dog too.

Please contact the HES, go down & visit them. Their website may not show all
these pets, but they are there. They need to get out. HES must use the cages
for the Perry Link dogs.

SCMR IS WILLING TO ASSIST IN SHELTER PULLS AND TRANSPORTATION.

Melissa S. Tupps
Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue (SCMR)
http://www.scmradoption.com

Application: http://www.scmradoption.com/html/onlineapp.htm

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way
its animals are treated. ~Gandhi