Re: [pyrnet] Leash training?

On 14 Jul 2005 at 7:08, Dennis Richards wrote:

> Is this too early
> in her life to worry or is there a technique to the process?

What has always worked for me is to put a collar and lead on a very
young pup and let them lead me around.  I do this for a few minutes a
day. I don't try to make them come to me or go in the direction I want,
just get them used to a lead.  Once they are comfortable with a lead, I
then call them to me with a very gentle tug and a treat for a reward and
then some cuddle time. At this age it's more of a game and not serious
training. If your pup just left the litter, it's a big world out there and you
will find the pup is sticking with you, at least for a few weeks :)

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/