Re: [pyrnet] Leash training?

I would suggest trying a little "beginning" clicker training .. there are lots of good books and info on the net. Or just a very light leash and some small treats (can be even her own kibble) to encourage her forward. Maybe too, she could drag a very light nylon line for a bit, just to get used to it.

Linda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Richards" <drichards@cogeco.ca>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:08 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Leash training?

Just wondering if I could get opinions from owners who have successfully
leash trained a Pyr puppy. What is the secret? We just got a 9 week old
Pyr female pup and she does not like the leash at all. Puts her butt on the
ground and won't move. Is this too early in her life to worry or is there a
technique to the process?

Thanks
Dennis & MaryEllen